The Whirl Wet dust collector is a submerged split orifice type dust collector with twin opposed fixed blades that create a centrifugal motion to the gas stream. The entrained liquid is separated from the gas stream by an integral chevron or mesh pad mist eliminator as air flow exits the vessel. Sludge must be removed periodically or continuously from the drain at the bottom of the hopper.
The Whirl Wet dust collector can be fabricated from homogenous, virgin-grade, UV-resistant polypropylene homopolymer, using hot gas welding methods, mild steel, 304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel, mild steel, or PVC. Units are hydrostatically tested at the factory. The maximum temperature rating for polypropylene units is 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Standard design for all units is to 20" of negative pressure. Total pressure loss for the dust collector is 8". Higher operating pressures are available.
Bolted access ports are provided for inspection of the interior and removal of the mist eliminator elements. Gasket made from closed cell PVC foam is provided. Hardware is 316 S.S. maximum bolt torque 10#.
- The Wet Dust Collector shall be of medium energy type. Internals shall be equipped with a fixed-position dual opposed blade system and be designed to prevent the buildup of solids.
- The Wet Dust Collector shall be manufactured of Polypropylene, Stainless steel or Mild steel. Vendor shall evaluate materials and select the most appropriate material for this service. Hastelloy also available.
- The Wet Dust Collector shall be provided with access ports / doors to allow limited access to the internals of the unit. The Dust Collector shall be equipped with flanged pipe connections for the introduction of fill and makeup water as well as drainage.
- The Wet Dust Collector shall be equipped with a corrosion resistant lower reservoir section which will be designed to prevent solids accumulation and will allow for ease of drainage and discharge of slurry.
- The Wet Dust Collector shall be equipped with a high efficiency (95% @ 15 micron and larger) mist eliminator of the chevron blade type. Material of construction for the mist eliminator shall be PVC (Polypropylene, Stainless Steel also available).
- The fan shall be manufactured from (FRP, Mild Steel, Stainless Steel), or a material which is equally suitable for this environment.
- The fan and motor shall be designed for a static pressure capability of at least the 8" pressure drop through the Dust Collector plus external pressures for the customers ductwork losses.
- The sound levels generated by the Vendor furnished equipment during normal operation shall not exceed 85 dB-weighted, slow response, under free field condition, at a horizontal distance of 10 feet from the surface of sound generation.
- The Vendor as optioned shall furnish silencers.
- Vendor shall provide electric motor drives for each fan. Vendor shall be responsible for the selection of the motor characteristics and the motor mounting.
- All electrical equipment provided by the vendor shall be supplied in NEMA rated enclosures.