The supply hood is extremely easy to maneuver into position. With a Flexible Arm, it's able to reach anywhere within a 2m/3m radius.
OSA Series Directional Flow Air Cleaner
employs the ventilation method of "Clean-to-less-clean" air movement coupled with HEPA filtration as recommended by the CDC
and more. By using this system you will immediately achieve 99.995% clean air around the Table and after a short while a 98-99% Reduction of the Virus and Bacteria in the rest of the room.
NEW GUIDANCE FROM CDC, ASHRAE, AND WHO, REGARDING 'CLEAN-TO-LESS-CLEAN AIR MOVEMENT':
Extracted from ASHRAE's Technical Resources for Healthcare Web Page
Airflow from Clean to Less Clean
- More important than having to wait a longer time between room changeover due to lower ACH
- More important than air change rate
- More important than outside air % above 2ACH
By just having a normal conversation, aerosolized viruses and bacteria can remain in the air indefinitely, therefore it is important to use forced air to direct these aerosols away from the occupants and allow them to be captured by the HEPA H14 fan/filter unit where the air can be filtered and returned to the space. This limits the transmission of respirable viruses such as Influenza, Coronavirus, common cold, etc. thus substantially reducing the risk of being infected. For example; the zone over and around a 6-person table is approximately 10m3. This gives you a total ACH (Air Changes Per HOUR) of 60 ICA-700 filters.
This solution has a typical payback of 1 year when compared to the costs of 1-week sick leave, per year, per employee.
The systems use a combination of
clean-to-less-clean air movement
, HEPA Filtration and optional UV light as recommended by both the CDC and ASHRAE. The cleaned air is supplied at a rate of 700 M3/H (400 CFM) or 1000 M3/H (600 CFM) per filter module, directly to the occupants breathing zone. This creates a "Bubble" of constantly filtered clean air around the table and up to 53 air changes in the room.*
Here's how it works:
- STEP 1: The "Clean-to-less-clean" air movement supplies clean filtered air to the occupants breathing zone through a pre-engineered diffusion hood explicitly designed for the application e.g., meeting rooms, lunchrooms, Locker rooms, classrooms, etc. This precise air movement is essential as the viral particles associated with Covid-19 have shown that they can remain airborne, for up to 16 hours in still air.
- STEP 2: An ultra-low noise fan draws the room air in at floor level where the air is least clean. The air is drawn in by a variable speed centrifugal fan, that allows the operator to control the flow based on the number of people in the room.
- STEP 3: The air passes through a silenced chamber engineered to dampen the associated noise generated by the air movement.
- STEP 4: A multi-stage filter module filters the contaminated air containing virus particles as small as 0.1 Micron (MicroMeters) to a purity level of 99.995%.
- STEP 5: An optional UVC germicidal treatment lamp can be purchased as a supplement to help destroy virus particles that may remain attached to the inner surfaces of the unit’s air intake housing.
- STEP 6: Clean filtered air is returned to the indoor space through a low-noise duct and diffuser hood detailed in Step 1, thus completing the filtration and ventilation circuit. This allows the air in a typical room to be changed over 100 times an hour.