Stand-alone VBF1 “2-Zone Air Defence” for Coffeerooms, Lunchrooms, Meeting rooms. and benches. A simple “Pre-engineered” solution with "Clean-to-less-clean" air distribution, HEPA H14 Filtration (99.995% @ 100 Nanometer), UVC (AKA: UVGI) light, Duct and Diffusion Hood.
The VBF ventilation systems have been designed to control, capture, filter and return contaminated air in various workplaces.
This solution employs the ventilation method of "Clean-to-less-clean" air movement coupled with HEPA filtration as recommended by the CDC
and more. By using this system you will immediately achieve 99.995% clean Air around the Table and after a short While a 98-99% Reduction of the Virus and Bacteria in the rest of the Room.
NEW GUIDANCE FROM CDC, ASHRAE, AND WHO, REGARDING 'CLEAN-TO-LESS-CLEAN AIR MOVEMENT':
Extracted from ASHRAE's Technical Resources for Healthcare Web Page
Airflow from Clean to Less Clean
- More important than having to wait a longer time between room changeover due to lower ACH
- More important than air change rate
- More important than outside air % above 2ACH
By just having a normal conversation, aerosolized virus and bacteria can remain in the air indefinitely, therefore it is important to use forced air to direct these aerosols away from the occupants and allow them to be captured by the HEPA H14 fan/filter unit where the air can be filtered and returned to the space. This limits the transmission of respirable viruses such as Influenza, Coronavirus, common cold, etc. thus substantially reducing the risk of being infected. For example; the zone over and around a 6-person table is approximately 10m3. This gives you a total ACH (Air Changes Per HOUR of 60 VBF1-700 filters.
This solution has a typical payback of 1 year when compared to the costs of 1-week sick leave, per year, per employee.
The systems use a combination of
clean-to-less-clean air movement
, HEPA Filtration and optional UV light as recommended by both the CDC and ASHRAE. The cleaned air is supplied at a rate of 700 M3/H (400 CFM) or 1000 M3/H (600 CFM) per filter module, directly to the occupants breathing zone. This creates a "Bubble" of constantly filtered clean air around the table and up to 53 air changes in the room.*
Here's how it works:
- STEP 1: The "Clean-to-less-clean" air movement supplies clean filtered air to the occupants breathing zone through a pre-engineered diffusion hood explicitly designed for the application (EG; meeting room, lunchroom, etc.). This precise air movement is essential as particles of this size can and most often will remain airborne, indefinitely.
- STEP 2: The ultra-low noise fan draws the air in at floor level where the air is less clean and coolest. The fan is a variable speed centrifugally designed fan that allows you to control the flow
- STEP 3: The air passes through a silenced chamber engineered to damper the associated noise generated from the movement of air.
- STEP 4: The Multi-stage filter module filters the contaminated level of 99.995% @ 0.1 Micron (MicroMeters) or 100 NanoMeters NM. Viruses are typically in the Nano particle size. According to the LL University, 'Coronavirus particles are 120 nanometers' in size.
- STEP 5: The Optional UV light can be purchased to be used as a supplement to help inactivate viruses (EG: SARS-CoV-2) attached to the inner surfaces of the inlet housing.
- STEP 6: the filtered air is returned to the space through the low-noise smooth duct and on to the Diffuser hood detailed in step 1, thus completing the circuit. This allows the air in a typical room to be changed over 100 times an hour (ACH).